LAGERS Annual Meeting
The LAGERS Annual Meeting is where LAGERS’ Board of Trustees are elected. As well, this meeting is a great opportunity for you to receive further education about LAGERS inner workings, network with LAGERS’ Board and Staff and connect with your peers from across the state.
Each of LAGERS employers may send one voting employer delegate and one voting member delegate to participate in LAGERS’ Board of Trustee elections. As well, LAGERS employers may send as many non-voting attendees as they wish to participate in the education sessions and networking opportunities.
The employer delegate must be appointed by a LAGERS subdivision’s governing body. Preferably, the employer delegate is a member of a LAGERS subdivision’s governing body, however, the governing body may appoint a staff person to vote in their absence in the employer trustee election.
The member delegate must be elected by the active members at a LAGERS subdivision. The election must be done in a way that allows all active employees to participate via secret ballot. Click Here for sample member delegate ballot.
Steps for Completing Your Employer’s Online Registration
- Complete your member delegate election and employer delegate board appointment
- Member delegate election must be done in a way that allows all members to vote via secret ballot
- Employer delegate appointment can be done with a motion from the governing body
- See information about about the roles each delegate plays at the Annual Meeting
- Non-Voting attendees do not need to be appointed or elected, but cannot participate in board elections
- Complete online registration
- The registration requires an employer certification contact. This person cannot also be the member delegate.
- Registration link will be available soon
- Make Hotel Reservation(s)
- LAGERS has a contracted hotel room rate of $119.00 for the duration of the meeting.
- To receive the discounted rate you must make your reservation prior to October 6, 2020
- Space is limited.
- Online Reservations will be available soon.
2020 Local Government Hero Award
Along with the board elections and education available at the Annual Meeting, the Local Government Hero Award Recipient is announced and awarded. MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE