LAGERS ANNUAL MEETING
Your System. Your Voice. Your Future.
LAGERS was created by a collection of local government employers to help attract and retain the best public servants into our communities. Today, our mission continues as we work to help our local governments across the state build a premiere public workforce! The 2022 Annual Meeting will be held at the Double Tree Hotel in Springfield, MO on October 27th – 28th.
What is LAGERS Annual Meeting?
The primary purpose of LAGERS Annual Meeting is the election of LAGERS’ Board of Trustees. As an active member or governing body member, this is your opportunity to have your voice heard by participating in LAGERS Board of Trustee elections. Voting delegates have the opportunity to hear about the role of the LAGERS board, meet and get to know those who are seeking nominations and election to the LAGERS board and submit your vote for a nominee.
Does the Annual Meeting Provide System Updates?
Yes. You will hear from LAGERS leadership and staff about the funding progress of the system, an update on the investment portfolio, and an update about the previous and next legislative sessions. There are additional educational sessions with a variety of topics. Stay tuned for an updated agenda to see all of the updates and educational sessions provided at the Annual Meeting.
Who Should Attend?
Each LAGERS’ subdivision may send two voting delegates to the LAGERS Annual Meeting and as many non-voting delegates as desired.
- Voting Member Delegate: This delegate must be an active LAGERS member and elected by the active membership at the subdivision. The election must allow all active members of the subdivision to participate via secret ballot. It is important to have your election completed prior to registering for the Annual Meeting. A subdivision may only have 1 Member Delegate. Click Here to learn more about the election process.
- Voting Employer Delegate: This delegate should be an member of a governing body from a LAGERS subdivision. The delegate is appointed by the governing body and votes in its capacity. This appointment may be made during a regular scheduled governing body meeting in advance of completing registration. The subdivision may only have 1 employer delegate. In the event a governing body member is unable to attend, the governing body may appoint a staff person to attend to vote on their behalf. Click Here to learn more about the appointment process.
- Non-Voting Attendees. This attendee should be anyone from a LAGERS subdivision interested in learning more about the LAGERS system, hear system updates from LAGERS leadership and interact with LAGERS Board of Trustees and staff. An employer can send as many non-voting attendees as they wish.
LAGERS Local Government Hero Award
We celebrate the nominees, finalists, and winner of the Local Government Hero Award at the LAGERS Annual Meeting. This year’s award ceremony will be on Friday morning.
Every day, local government workers serve tirelessly to make our communities great places to live. They keep our lights on, parks clean, streets safe, neighbors healthy, cities vibrant, and so much more. Missouri LAGERS knows that while these men and women don’t wear capes, they are the true heroes among us.
Thursday, October 27th
7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration Desk Open
8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Board of Trustees Meeting
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Legislative Advisory Committee Meeting
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Understanding Your LAGERS Benefits
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Changing Your Subdivision’s LAGERS Benefit Levels
9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. LAGERS Payment Options
9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. How Your Subdivision’s Cost is Determined
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. LAGERS Disability Benefits
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Tools You and Your Employees Can Use For Understanding LAGERS
11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Best Practices for Communicating Your LAGERS benefit (Lunch Provided)
1:15 p.m. Opening Remarks
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. State of the System
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Investment Report
2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Snack Break
2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Legislative Update
3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Role of the Board
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Caucuses
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Reception
Friday, October 28th
7:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Business Meeting
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. How LAGERS Establishes Its Portfolio Diversification
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. LAGERS’ Financial Management
10:35 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. LAGERS Local Government Hero Award Ceremony
- Understanding Your LAGERS Benefits
- LAGERS Retirement Payment Options
- LAGERS Disability Benefits
- Best Practices for Communicating Your LAGERS Benefit
- Changing Your Subdivision’s Benefit Levels
- How Your Subdivision’s Cost is Determined
- LAGERS Tools for Educating You and Your Employees.
- System Update
- Investment Report
- Legislative & Advocacy Update
- The Role of a Trustee on LAGERS’ Board
- Business Meeting
- LAGERS Asset Allocation
- LAGERS Financial Management Overview
LAGERS Annual Meeting is where LAGERS Board of Trustees elections occur. This year a member trustee and employer trustee 4 year term beginning January 1, 2023 will be filled.
For those interested in running for the LAGERS Board of Trustees or learning more about the candidates running, the caucuses are a great opportunity for you.
Online registration is closed. To register non-voting attendees or to make changes to your registration, please contact Ginnie Medlin, Education and Outreach Specialist.
Ginnie’s Contact Information:
Phone: (573) 632-6366
Double Tree Hotel – Springfield
2431 N Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65803