Certified LAGERS Administrator
Become a Certified LAGERS Administrator
Do you want to be part of an exclusive community of professionals who share similar jobs, roles, and daily events? Do you ever wish you had additional support for the job you do? As a Certified LAGERS Administrator, not only will you feel at ease talking about LAGERS benefits, but you will also feel comfortable reaching out to others.
Through your CLA training, networking, and camaraderie, you will gain the tools needed to be a better communicator of LAGERS benefits while also leveraging the additional support of some amazing friends and colleagues within this community.
The Certified LAGERS Administrator is great for those just starting out administering LAGERS’ benefits or those who have been completing the processes for years. Becoming a CLA will allow you to share with and learn from others, grow your professional network, and deepen your bonds with others who share the same knowledge, jobs, and roles.
Sign up to become a Certified LAGERS Administrator!
Complete the form below to begin the process. You will need to either attend the LEARN Conference this year or attend the CLA approved webinars as listed in the requirements section below. Once completed, you will earn your certificate and lapel pin. In addition, CLAs will have exclusive free access to all new LAGERS swag that comes in as well as access to exclusive online coffee breaks (CLA Connects) with the entire CLA group!
We have some bigger, better, bolder things in store for our CLA group lined up in the next year or two. We can’t wait to share some of the ideas we have in mind as well as learn of ideas you may have for our exclusive community!
What is CLA?
Certified LAGERS Administrator (CLA) is a certification given to employer contacts upon completed attendance at specified LAGERS educational events. As well, a CLA will be given access to an exclusive community. It is voluntary and at no cost. Requirements must be completed within two years from enrollment, and then you must be re-certified every year after.
Who Should Participate?
The CLA is designed for individuals responsible for the administration of their employer’s finances and human resources. The CLA is focused on various educational events that support your finance and/or human resources position. In addition, the CLA supports hosting a community of like-minded individuals with similar jobs, roles, and daily events. Networking and camaraderie will be a major part of the CLA program moving forward.
What Are The Requirements?
Complete Registration Form below AND
Either attend the LEARN Conference May 23, 2024 OR attend the webinars listed below throughout 2024.
Events occurring once in 2024:
- Wednesday, June 5, 2024 @ 2 PM LEARN webinar: Employer Reporting Panel Discussion
- Wednesday, June 19, 2024 @ 2 PM LEARN webinar: Maintaining Online Security
- Tuesday, July 9, 2024 @ 2 PM LEARN webinar: Purchasing Service Overview
Re-occurring events in 2024:
- Disability & Survivor Benefits Webinar: March 26, 2024 and August 22, 2024 @ 2 PM (Only 1 required)
- LAGRS Pre-Retirement Webinar: Around the 15th of every month in 2024. (Only 1 required)
Quarterly: CLA Connect (must attend at least one this year) Date and time TBD
Once you have attended all the above webinars, please contact Penny Thomas at email@example.com and let her know you have completed your certification requirements for the CLA program. Once verified, you will receive your certification and lapel pin in the mail.
Will I need to be re-certified?
Yes. Every CLA will need to be re-certified each year. You must either attend the LEARN Conference for that year OR you can attend the following webinars throughout the year:
- LEARN webinar: Financial Management Overview and GASB
- Reading Your Annual Valuation Webinar
- Leaving LAGERS Covered Employment Webinar
- Changing Benefit Elections Webinar
- CLA Connect (attend at least one a year)
Does This Mean I Can Speak On Behalf Of LAGERS?
LAGERS has created the Certified LAGERS Administrator (CLA) program with the following goals:
- Create a community of like-minded individuals who share the same job, roles, and daily activities within their organizations who will support each other on a regular basis.
- Educate CLAs about LAGERS benefits
- Enhance CLAs’ ability to assist LAGERS members in learning about and applying for LAGERS benefits
However, CLAs are not agents or employees of LAGERS and LAGERS will not be bound by information and advice provided to LAGERS members by CLAs. It does NOT mean LAGERS’ representatives will no longer visit with your employer or employees. We will continue to provide your employer with our services upon request.