The primary purpose of the LAGERS Annual Meeting is to elect the LAGERS Board of Trustees. The board consists of Member Trustees, Employer Trustees, and a Citizen Trustee. The Member Trustees are actively working LAGERS members and they are elected by the Member Delegates at the Annual Meeting. As well, the Employer Trustees serve as governing body members for LAGERS' employers and they are elected by Employer Delegates at the LAGERS Annual Meeting.
Member Delegate Election:
The member delegate must be elected by the employees at their LAGERS participating employer to attend the Annual Meeting as the Member Delegate
- Employer Delegate Appointment: The employer delegate may be a member of LAGERS participating employer's governing body, or someone appointed by the governing body to vote in their place. This appointment can be a staff person.
- Non-Voting Attendee: If you wish to attend the LAGERS Annual meeting in a non-voting capacity, you're welcome to. However, you will not be allowed to participate in the board election process.
Below are a few tips for completing the online registration
- The Member Delegate and the Employer Certification Contact cannot be the same person.
- Since the Member Delegate must be elected by the employees, a certification of the registration must be made on the online registration.
- If you wish to add more delegates or non-voting attendees, you will need to click the button toward under “Additional Attendees” on the registration to add more attendees.
- The Employer Certification Contact is not the Employer Delegate registration, and unless they are registered as a delegate or non-voting attendee, they have not been registered to attend the Annual Meeting. They are simply the contact person at your subdivision who is certifying the delegate and non-voting registrations
A discounted standard room rate of $93 will be made available at the University Plaza until September 30, 2019.